Privacy & Terms
1. Information We Collect or ReceiveWe collect or receive the following types of personal information (that is, information that might individually identify a specific person) for our business when we have an appropriate basis:
1.1 Information You Voluntarily Choose to ProvideContact information that customers and potential customers give to us so that we can contact them with information about our products and services, and so that we can provide these products and services when contracted to do so. We process personal information from potential customers to carry-out our legitimate business interests. We process personal information from existing customers to carry out our contractual obligations to them.
1.4 Information Related to Laboratory ServicesMetabolon, operating as a laboratory, may receive very limited personal information related to biochemical analysis, research, diagnostics, consulting, and clinical trial support services from or on behalf of controllers within the EU or Switzerland. In some cases, Metabolon processes Sensitive Personal Data, such as genetic data or data concerning health. Metabolon processes that data in the performance of services for and under the direction of those controllers. We process this personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations to our customers and premised on the same legal basis they identified to you, such as your consent or fulfilling a contract with you.
1.5 Information We Receive from Others and through Our ProcessesProtected health information associated with clinical specimens that are submitted to us for biochemical analysis. We have appropriate HIPAA & GPDR-compliant procedures to protect the privacy and security of this information while fulfilling our customers’ requests for analysis and reporting from clinical specimens. Biochemical information that we have obtained from our analysis of samples of blood or other specimens were sent to us under contracts to perform this testing. We may use aggregated, de-identified biochemical information from these samples for further scientific research and statistical purposes, in accordance with applicable laws. We do not use biochemical information from these samples to identify or reach back to an individual unless we have their prior consent to do so. We also obtain contact information about potential customers from third parties. Metabolon may also obtain limited personal information about potential customers from other businesses. This information could include your name or company name, phone number, and email. Metabolon processes that information in order to further its legitimate business interests, including sending you communications about our products and services. You may choose to opt out of those communications at any time as further described in this Policy.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
4. Additional Rights Available to EEA ResidentsIf you reside in a European Economic Area (“EEA”) member state, the UK or Switzerland, and Metabolon acts as a controller of your personal information, you have the right to request access to your personal information. You also have the right to request that we correct, amend, or delete your personal information. Your request to exercise these rights may be denied under certain circumstances, such as where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. You also may object to the processing of your personal information or request that we restrict processing of your personal information. Where the legal basis for the processing of your data is consent, you also have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Note the processing of data prior to withdrawal of consent remains lawful. When Metabolon is a processor and not a controller, it will take reasonable steps to help the appropriate controller respond and will act on the reasonable direction of its controller customers with respect to access, erasure, rectification, or restricted processing. You also may have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to you or to another controller identified by you. Please note that in cases where your personal information pertains to a clinical trial or similarly confidential study, we may not be able to adhere to your request, but we will work with you and the applicable controller to address your request as fully as possible. To exercise your rights under this Section, please send your request as described in the “How to Contact Us” Section below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection supervisory authority. Contact details of the Supervisory Authorities can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
5. Additional Rights Available to California ResidentsIf you are a resident of the State of California, you are entitled under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), to certain additional information about, and additional rights with respect to, our collection and disclosure of your personal information. This Section provides that additional information and describes those additional rights. This Section applies solely to consumers who reside in the State of California, and to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with California consumers or households (“California Personal Information”). Metabolon provides this portion of our Policy to comply with our obligations in our capacity as a “Business” under the CCPA. This section of the Policy does not apply to information Metabolon collects, maintains, or discloses in our capacity as a “Service Provider” under CCPA on behalf of our clients, including medical information that we process within the clinical services that we perform on behalf of our clients. If your information has been submitted to us as part of our performance of those services and you would like to learn more about the handling of that information or exercise any rights you may have under the CCPA, please inquire with the client directly. As used in this Policy, the term “California Personal Information” does not include:
- Information collected as part of a clinical trial subject to the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects, also known as the Common Rule, pursuant to good clinical practice guidelines issued by the International Council for Harmonisation or pursuant to human subject protection requirements of the United States Food and Drug Administration;
- Publicly available information lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
- Other information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA); and
5.1 Sales and Disclosures of California Personal Information for a Business PurposeWe may disclose your California Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed California Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Auditing related to our transactions with you, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient uses where California Personal Information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside our current interaction.
- Performing services on behalf of our clients, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service that we produce and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service.
- Other purposes noted herein, or that are reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which we collected your California Personal Information, or for another operational purpose that is compatible.
5.2 Other Rights and Choices Regarding Your California Personal Information Under CCPAYou have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and sharing of your personal information over the past 12 months, including (a) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (b) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (c) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information; (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (e) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and (f) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing (i) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (ii) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained. You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Completing the Data Subject Request Form
- Calling us at +1 919 572 1711
- Emailing us at: [email protected]
6. How We Protect Personal InformationWe take precautions to protect your personal information, including applying reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards that are designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved and the nature of the personal information.
7. International TransfersAs part of our international operations, we may transfer personal information to any jurisdiction where we do business. When you use our Site or services, you acknowledge that we may transfer information about you as described in this Policy. We will transfer your personal information for any of the purposes identified in this Policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers that may be based outside of the jurisdiction where you are located. The laws in those jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the laws in your country. However, we will treat your personal information as subject to the protections described in this Policy. When we transfer personal information from an entity based in the EEA or UK to another party located outside the EEA or UK that does not have an adequacy decision, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, which could include the standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, or another framework deemed adequate by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy of the relevant safeguard by contacting us using the details in section 9: “How to Contact Us”.
9. How to Contact UsTo contact Metabolon with questions about this Policy, please use one of the contact methods below: Data Protection Officer: Damien Mair Complete the Data Subject Request Form Call Metabolon at: +1 919 572 1711 Email Metabolon: [email protected]
TrademarksMetabolon, the Metabolon logo, MetaboLync and Quantose are registered trademarks of Metabolon in the United States and various foreign countries. “Where Knowing Comes to Life”, accuGFR, Meta IMD, mLIMS, Wikiome, Surveyor, Complex Lipid Panel and Precision Metabolomics are trademarks of Metabolon. Other trademarks shown on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
Links to Other SitesAs a convenience, the Site may contain links to non-Metabolon sites. Metabolon has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the content or performance of non-Metabolon sites. Metabolon does not endorse any other companies, products or services mentioned on the Site, and a link to a non-Metabolon site does not mean that Metabolon endorses or makes any representations about that site, its performance, its content, its owner, or its owner’s products or services.
International UseThe Site may contain references to Metabolon products, services or programs that are not available in your country. Such references are not intended to announce such products, services or programs in your country. Metabolon makes no representation that access to the Site or use of any of its products or services is permitted under the laws of nations other than the United States, and access to the Site is prohibited anywhere such access would violate local law. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws governing your access to the Site.
DisclaimersThe information contained on the Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Site and all products and services described on the Site may be changed at any time without notice. Metabolon assumes no responsibility, and will not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses or other disabling code that may infect your computer equipment, software or other property as a result of your downloading, viewing, or otherwise using the Site or any of its content, or any sites to which the Site contains a link, or their content. THE SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, METABOLON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY SITE TO WHICH THE SITE CONTAINS A LINK.
Limitation of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL METABOLON BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF DOWNLOADING, VIEWING, COPYING, PRINTING, DISTRIBUTING, MODIFYING, RELYING UPON, OR OTHERWISE USING OR BEING UNABLE TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR ANY SITE TO WHICH THE SITE CONTAINS A LINK, INCLUDING ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WORK DELAY, OR LOSS OF DATA, PROFITS, REVENUES OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF METABOLON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Please be aware that unauthorized parties may attempt to use the Metabolon name and logo, as well as the names of Metabolon employees, in emails and on websites to solicit up-front fees or to gather personal information from interested parties. These fraudulent recruiting scams may be in the form of phony job ads, job applications and offer letters that are used to convince job hunters to pay advanced fees, such as placement or processing fees, and/or submit personal information, such as social security numbers, birth dates and bank account information. Cyber criminals may post their ads on legitimate job sites and often use familiar-looking or convincing company logos, language and links to fake websites that appear to be those of real organizations. These criminals might also seek fees for services they will never render. During the initial recruiting process, Metabolon will not require the disclosure online, or by email, telephone or fax, of non-work related personal information such as a social security numbers, credit card numbers, dates of birth or bank account information. Metabolon also does not seek up-front fees from either prospective employees or contractors. Emails to applicants that originate from Metabolon will end with “@metabolon.com.” Emails that do not end with “@metabolon.com” are not from Metabolon, Inc. For more information or to report recruiting fraud, please refer to the Federal Trade Commission website, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams. Explore our careers
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. Metabolon has implemented a Data Governance Program in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure the company meets the data protection and data privacy requirements for our EU clients.