Metabolomics Solutions for Drug Development Workflows
Find the Next Big Thing in Drug Discovery
Rapidly Identify and Validate Biomarkers
Metabolomics incorporates all elements of a biological system, capturing the phenotypic output resulting from biologic and environmental interactions: the metabolome. Metabolomics is a powerful tool for addressing several challenges in translational research, from linking genome to phenome to optimizing drug development and predicting disease outcomes.
Metabolon’s unparalleled proprietary small molecule database and comprehensive team of experts is uniquely positioned to support your drug development journey from discovery to commercialization.
Understand your Drug’s Mechanism of Action (MoA)
- Correlate changes in levels of highly annotated biochemicals with all other MoA and mechanistic data from your trial, from mid-translation through NDA submission
- Reveal pleiotropic effects from a majority of targets, including kinases, receptors, apoptosis factors, and immune modulators
- Provide a unique and comprehensive view of biochemical pathways to identify alterations that directly influence outcomes
WILLETTE ET AL. 2021
Clarify Real-time Phenotypic Response
- Measure small-molecule biomarkers that are the result of a real-time response to your drug
- Provide deeper insights into precise biomarkers and MoA for disease instead of broad enzymatic activity that regulates a class of molecules
- Understand systemic alterations from drug treatment, providing a multi-organ snapshot of the effect your drug has on each patient
Trust your Human Translational Models
- Show data-backed translatability of biomarkers using small-molecule homology from preclinical to clinical models
- Develop a clear phenotypic fingerprint of your MoA by engaging global untargeted biochemical profiling that can extend beyond a single endpoint, as metabolism is structurally and functionally conserved across mammals
Confirm your Genomic, RNA-Seq, and Protein Data
Metabolomics can add invaluable insight to your other data streams:
- Verify pathway data from mouse models, proteomics data from cytokine measurements and even intra-arterial chemotherapy flow data for immunology-based research
- Add an additional layer of information to enrich the validity of your current data
Partner with Metabolon
We are with you every step of the drug development process, from discovery to the clinic. Each project begins with a scientist-to-scientist consultation to determine your assay needs, including regulatory requirements and project timeline. We explore how to best meet your needs through existing assays, custom-developed assays, or a combination.
In-depth institutional knowledge of metabolic pathways, along with our deep expertise in metabolite-based mass spectrometry, guides the selection of candidate biomarkers. The focus is on ensuring that the critical aspects of subsequent studies or trials are clearly defined and that the assays and multiplexing scheme most effectively meet your needs.
See how Metabolon can advance your path to preclinical and clinical insights
Once you see the full value of metabolomics, the only remaining question is who does it best? While many laboratories have metabolite profiling or analytical chemistry capabilities, comprehensive metabolomics technologies are extremely rare. Accurate, unbiased metabolite identification across the entire metabolome introduces signal-to-noise challenges that very few labs are equipped to handle. Also, translating massive quantities of data into actionable information is slow, if not impossible, for most because proper interpretation takes two things that are in short supply: experience and a comprehensive database.
Only Metabolon has all four core metabolomics capabilities
Ability to interrogate thousands of metabolites across diverse biochemical space, revealing new insights and opportunities
Ability to integrate the data from different studies into the same dataset, in different geographies, among different patients over time
Ability to inform on proper study design, generate high‐quality data, derive biological insights, and make actionable recommendations
Ability to process hundreds of thousands of samples quickly and cost‐efficiently to service rapidly growing demand
Partner with Metabolon to access:
A library of 5,400+ known metabolites, 2,000 in human plasma, all referenced in the context of biochemical pathways
- That’s 5x the metabolites of the closest competitor
Unparalleled depth and breadth of experience analyzing and interpreting metabolomic data to find meaningful results
- 10,000+ projects with hundreds of clients
- 2,000+ publications covering 500 diseases, including numerous peer-reviewed journals such as Cell, Nature and Science
- Nearly 40 PhDs in data science, molecular biology, and biochemistry
Using our robust platform and visualization tools, our experts are uniquely able to tell you more about your molecule and develop assay panels to help you zero in on the results you need.
Related BioPharma Metabolomics Resources
Talk with an expert
Request a quote for our services, get more information on sample types and handling procedures, request a letter of support, or submit a question about how metabolomics can advance your research.
617 Davis Drive, Suite 100
Morrisville, NC 27560
P.O. Box 110407
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
+1 (919) 572-1711