Webinar: Unique Advantages of Incorporating Untargeted and Targeted Metabolomics in Drug Development and Clinical Trials
10:00 am EDT/16:00 CEST
Successful drug development hinges on multimillion-dollar decisions about the mechanism of action, safety, dosage, timing, patient response and other factors critical to your molecule’s success. Yet, the limitations of traditional drug development tools can sometimes make these essential decision points feel like multimillion-dollar gambles—genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics stop short of a definitive representation of the clinical phenotype. The addition of metabolomics provides an in vivo functional readout of all upstream biologic processes, helping reveal incremental insights that can increase confidence in your decisions.
Join our experts as they discuss the use and benefits of incorporating untargeted and targeted metabolomics into the drug development process. How will an understanding of related pathways and the underlying physiology help you?
Key learning outcomes:
- Explore how metabolomics can improve understanding of a drug’s mechanism of action (MoA) sooner
- Hear how metabolomics can provide a data-backed case for translatability of your pre-clinical markers to gain greater confidence in human translational models
- Discover how metabolomics can provide early insights into potential off-target effects and confirmation of target engagement in pre-clinical studies
- Learn how you can use metabolomics to identify unique therapy responders versus non-responders in clinical trials
- Learn how you can develop highly customized targeted assays to monitor clinical response.