Study Director - Commercial (Biotech, Metabolomics)
JOB CODE 1859
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives.
As part of Metabolon’s growing operations, Metabolon is seeking a Study Director to be an integral member of our Applied Metabolomics Study Director group. The successful candidate will be an exceptionally effective scientist as exemplified by a strong publication record. Effectively translating metabolomics data and resulting scientific findings with excellent communication skills will be an imperative for facilitating the research of our clients across the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Responsibilities: The Study Director is responsible for coordinating and analyzing metabolomics data for research projects from clients across the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Specifically, this involves study design, data interpretation and reporting (presentations and reports). The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients from initial study design, to reporting of preliminary results and delivery of the final report.
- Analyze large complex data sets to elucidate a finite set of logical conclusions
- Prepare and deliver data presentations and written final reports for clients.
- Prioritize projects and ensure consistency of projects with expected timelines and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Marketing to support content needs and technical projects
- Travel up to 25% of the time to client sites, conferences and workshops to report out study results or serve as a technical liaison during the sales process.
- PhD in the life sciences
- Approximately 3-10 years postdoctoral experience
- Industry experience is highly desired
- A strong publication record is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.