JOB CODE 1173
DURHAM, NC, USA
Almost every factor affecting health -- from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle -- exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, Metabolon provides actionable insights to answer some of biology's most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians. Metabolon is the world's leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research.
As part of Metabolon’s growing operations, we are seeking a Study Director to be an integral member of our Discovery and Translational Sciences team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional scientist with a strong publication record, efficient at translating metabolomics data, and effective in communicating scientific findings to our customers. This position reports to a senior team leader within Discovery and Translational Sciences.
The Study Director is responsible for coordinating and analyzing metabolomics data for research projects from academic, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology clients. Specifically, this involves study design, data interpretation, and reporting (presentations and reports). The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients from initial study design to reporting of preliminary results and delivery of the final report
- Analyze large complex data sets to elucidate a finite set of logical conclusions
- Prepare and deliver data presentations and written final reports for clients
- Prioritize projects and ensure consistency of projects with expected timelines and deliverables
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Marketing to support technical and content needs
- Travel up to 10% of the time to client sites, conferences, and workshops to present study results or serve as a technical liaison during the sales process
- Ph.D. in the life sciences
- Approximately 2-5 years postdoctoral experience
- A strong publication record is required
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in the biological sciences
- Excellent verbal and effective communication skills
- Industry experience is highly desired
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer m/f/d/v EO 13201.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please. Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.