Strategic Account Manager Applied Markets (AgBio, Consumer Goods, Nutrition, and Cosmetics)
JOB CODE 1165
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a diagnostic products, precision medicine and metabolomics & biomarker services company offering the commercial market’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Metabolon’s patented platform provides a global, comprehensive analysis of biological samples for the discovery of biochemical biomarkers providing insight into complex biochemical processes. Due to our rapidly growing services business, Metabolon is seeking a Strategic Account Manager to be an integral member of our North American Sales Team focused on business in the Western US states.
Metabolon has been actively selling its metabolomics & biomarker services into the AgBio, Consumer Goods, Nutrition, and Cosmetics industries for over 10 years. The sales professional we are seeking will be responsible for sales and key account management activities within the Western United States, delivering growth for Metabolon’s services business. This position will manage engagements with leading applied markets (AgBio, Consumer Goods, Nutrition, and Cosmetics) companies.
· Achieve annual sales targets as established by Metabolon’s Sales Leadership.
· Educate, support, and develop existing and potential customers through a combination of consultative sales and marketing efforts, such as seminars, WebEx, in-person client meetings and trade shows.
· Identify client needs, expectations, effectively manage the proposals process and deal terms through the contractual process.
· Maximize client relationships to ensure vertical growth within each account.
· Prioritize and manage resources to maximize sales targets, meeting quarterly and annual objectives and goals.
· BS degree in Science, preference will be given to applicants with a MBA, an advanced life sciences degree is a plus.
· 5-7 years of proven sales experience relating to life science services, platform services, or experience in the “omics” space preferred. Large account management experience specific to the Applied Markets space is preferable.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Strong work ethic, clear and strategic thinker, strong sense of urgency.
· Assertive with a positive outlook, energy and performance-oriented attitude.
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Willingness to travel extensively and be self-motivated to accomplish goals with a home office based role.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.