Software Development Engineer, Jr.
JOB CODE 1179
Raleigh-DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing new biological insights through metabolomics, harnessing the power of its Precision Metabolomics™ Platform to provide biological insights of disease state and physiological reactions in the present time. The company offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions from discovery through clinical trials and product life-cycle management. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant insights to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences, helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, wellness and academic research sectors.
As a world leader in big data biochemistry our software team develops cutting-edge laboratory and data analysis pipelines, all with the goal of helping decode how metabolism and life work.
The software development team has doubled in size in the last year to support global expansion efforts. We are looking for exceptional self-starters who take pride in utilizing best practices to build scalable, maintainable software to provide our customers with the best user experience. We look for talented software engineers who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for deadlines and high-quality deliverables.
What we expect from you?
- You thrive on applying industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain scalable client facing software working in a professional software engineering environment.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders, which may include customers.
- You are adaptable to change and see complex problems and process improvements as the opportunity to do something innovative.
- You like to experiment with new technologies because you get excited about the possibilities of change that it can bring and can’t wait to share with others to get their feedback.
- You are dependable and pride yourself on managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- You are driven by team deliverables and, by nature, enjoy collaboration on issues ranging from scalability, design, release framework, and process to deliver high-quality results.
What you can expect from us?
- A culture of transparency, sharing, and mentoring
- Working with the best of the best - a high-performance team of developers pulled from companies such as Amazon, Microsoft and Google
- Full stack development - work on a wide variety of data driven projects from laboratory operations, user interface, database, machine learning, big data analysis, and system architecture
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related STEM technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 0-2 years of software development experience including a proven history of commercially successful delivery
- Expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C#/.NET, Java, C/C++, or Python
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience developing for high availability and scalability
- Experience with React.js, SQL, and legacy WCF
- Experience in building commercially robust software
- Experience in SOA architecture
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer m/f/d/v EO 13201.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please. Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.