Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Development,C#,C++,JAVA, Proprietary Software Development)
JOB CODE 1819
DURHAM, NC, USA
Almost every factor affecting health – from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle – exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, Metabolon provides actionable insights to answer some of biology’s most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians.
Metabolon is the world’s leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research. Our Precision Metabolomics™ is a powerful, patented technology for assessing health and delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and valuable data in genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon’s expertise is also accelerating R&D across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
As a world leader in big data biochemistry our software team develops cutting-edge laboratory and data analysis pipelines, all with the goal of helping decode how metabolism and life work.
The software development team has doubled in size in the last year to support global expansion efforts. We are looking for exceptional self-starters who take pride in using best practices to build scalable, maintainable software to provide our customers with the best user experience. We look for talented software engineers who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for deadlines and high-quality deliverables.
What we expect from you?
· You are a technical visionary and natural mentor that leads by example.
· You thrive on applying industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain scalable client facing software working in a professional software engineering environment.
· Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders, which may include customers.
· You are adaptable to change and see complex problems and process improvements as the opportunity to do something innovative.
· You like to experiment with new technologies because you get excited about the possibilities of change that it can bring and can’t wait to share with others to get their feedback.
· You are dependable and pride yourself on managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· You are driven by team deliverables and, by nature, enjoy collaboration on issues ranging from scalability, design, release framework, and process to deliver high-quality results.
What you can expect from us?
· A culture of transparency, sharing, and mentoring
· Full stack development - work on a wide variety of data driven projects from laboratory operations, user interface, database, machine learning, big data analysis, and system architecture
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years of software development experience, including a proven history of commercially successful delivery
· Expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Java, C/C++, C# or Python
· Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
· Experience developing for high availability and scalability
· Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET
· Master’s, PhD degree or further education or experience in science and/or big data
· Experience in building commercially robust software
· Experience in SOA architecture
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request accommodation by calling 919.572.1711 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.