Sales Operations - Deal Desk Manager
JOB CODE 1177
Raleigh-DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing new biological insights through metabolomics, harnessing the power of its Precision Metabolomics™ Platform to provide biological insights of disease state and physiological reactions in the present time. The company offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions from discovery through clinical trials and product life-cycle management. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant insights to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences, helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, wellness and academic research sectors.
Metabolon is seeking an experienced Deal Desk Manager to be an integral member of its commercial team supporting the Company’s rapidly growing Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences business. The Deal Desk Manager will be responsible for building out and managing the end-to-end execution of complex deals and streamlined approval processes. The position offers the opportunity to lead a team focused on designing and executing process improvement initiatives that align sales efforts to global strategies. The Deal Desk Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales Operations.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day aspects of quoting and pricing approvals including driving and supporting the sales team in multi –element and complex deal structuring.
- Assist with complex contract negotiations, escalating and working cross-functionally with various stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Operations, and Marketing to address custom deal requirements.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as up-sell opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the sales organization and support functions to facilitate complex deal approvals.
- Serve as an escalation point across stakeholders to identify friction points within sales processes and help move deals forward.
- Coach and develop deal desk coordinators to help elevate deal structuring and negotiating capabilities.
- Continuously revise deal desk processes to enable best practices.
- Create and maintain standard contract documentation and improve governance.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields.
- Drive projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and streamlining processes throughout the commercial operations and sales organization(s).
- 3-5 years in deal desk management or similar sales operations function.
- Superior contract negotiation skills and ability to develop such skills in others.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, who is not afraid of uncertainty.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Conga Contract Management, and Salesforce.com CPQ is preferred
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer m/f/d/v EO 13201.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please. Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.