Research Scientist, Mass Spectrometrist
JOB CODE 1178
Raleigh-DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing new biological insights through metabolomics, harnessing the power of its Precision Metabolomics™ Platform to provide biological insights of disease state and physiological reactions in the present time. The company offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions from discovery through clinical trials and product life-cycle management. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant insights to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences, helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, wellness and academic research sectors.
Metabolon is seeking a Mass Spectrometrist to be an integral member of our platform team. The team member in this position will report to the Platform Manager and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the mass spectrometry platform on a five day per week work schedule with the possibility of a required weekend commitment. The successful candidate will have experience in LC-MS and lipid analyses.
- Daily operation of the instruments, including routine maintenance and system performance checks.
- Preparation of solutions and standards as needed for operations of instruments.
- Diagnosing instrument problems and performing unscheduled maintenance or scheduling external repair service, as needed.
- Analyze biological samples by performing flow injection mass spectrometry techniques following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review data to insure data quality standards are met.
- Providing daily reports for documentation of the QC performance for each data set.
- Providing input for improving and refining the quality control and assurance processes.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Have a solid understanding of basic laboratory skills and protocols.
- BS Degree in physical science with 2-4 years of relevant post-degree experience.
- Experience with Sciex 5500 and Shimadzu HPLC instruments are preferred.
- Broad overview of mass spectrometry and familiarity with general concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Strict adherence to a rigorous platform schedule is essential.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer m/f/d/v EO 13201.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please. Metabolon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.