Population Health Business Development Executive – West Coast US
JOB CODE 1155
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, Inc. is among the fastest growing biotechnology and precision medicine companies in the world, and is the leader in Metabolomics & Lipidomics. Building on
the success of its 5th generation platform since its inception in 2002, Metabolon, Inc. has performed > 5,000 projects and its collaborative work has been published in over 800 publications globally.
In order to maintain an extraordinary growth trajectory, Metabolon, Inc. seeks a highly strategic and motivated individual to organize, pursue, and close revenue in the Population Health business segment. The goal of this position is to establish Metabolon as the leading provider of metabolomics services for large scale population studies, typically cohorts greater than 100,000 samples in size. Many of these large programs are currently performing, genotyping, sequencing or other omic studies at large scale. Expanding the utility and application of metabolomics data for disease and health related clinical use within key programs will be a critical driver of this position. This is a US/ Canada based position.
• Map and identify existing or potential programs and leaders within each who are the decision makers for population or large scale precision medicine studies. Develop a revenue based opportunity map, leading to significant sales and internal cross functional value to Metabolon.
• Identify customer and market needs within each program, based on Metabolon’s technology, to develop a broader awareness, understanding, and collaboration potential within each. Work closely with world leaders in population based studies, where metabolomics provides significant value, to prioritize and detail product and service needs. Build relationships with champions and key opinion leaders to position Metabolon as the preferred technology for metabolomics
• Pursue and close contracts within each program to meet revenue goals. Develop strategic plans within each program leading to future business and relationships both within a program as well as on a global basis. Communicate across the business segments opportunities and relationships which may lead to follow on or synergistic business relationships within Metabolon. Lead or coordinate as needed
• Work effectively as a team member with internal resources and with senior Metabolon leadership as requested to outline strategic opportunities and markets in population studies where samples are available or soon to be collected
• Prepare and present scientific and business presentations to external experts and scientists as well as Metabolon scientific and business management. Prepare and present cohesive plans for key programs utilizing internal teams and management for prioritized projects and development efforts. Demonstrate superb attention to detail, fluency in leading strategic account management and capacity to handle multiple complex contracts and projects within key accounts
• A PhD or advanced degree in Life Sciences with a focus on and/or degree in biochemistry or related field. An MBA is a plus.
• Previous experience in large cohort analysis and/or population genomics research is required. Peer reviewed publication history to be provided
• 5-10 years of experience in working in a direct sales and/or sales technical support role with extramural or complex teams required
• Expert experience in leading and completing commercial contracts with universities, research institutes, or commercial companies required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; will be frequently required to give presentations to internal and external audiences on the cohort findings and outcomes. Must be able to understand and present on Metabolon’s technology advantages and examples
• Experience working with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to manage and implement complex partnerships
• Excellent analytical skills; Able to synthesize data into insightful information
• Attention to detail; Accuracy
• Ability to own and manage multiple key accounts and meet sales forecast; Strong time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead sales situations within complex and non-linear environments
• Ability to influence non-direct reports and cross-functional partners within a complex internal sales and support matrix
• Self-starter capable of working independently
• Entrepreneurial by nature, self-sufficient and a great team player as well
• Must be willing and able to travel to meet with key researchers and cohort leads
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.