Field Application Specialist
JOB CODE 1187
East and west coast
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing new biological insights through metabolomics, harnessing the power of its Precision Metabolomics™ Platform to provide biological insights of disease state and physiological reactions in the present time. The company offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions from discovery through clinical trials and product life-cycle management. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant insights to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences, helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, wellness and academic research sectors.
Metabolon’s Field Application Specialist (FAS) is an important team member supporting the Company’s rapidly growing domestic metabolomics service business. The successful candidate will be the primary customer-facing role in supporting all Sales and BD activities, primarily focused on articulating the science and technical aspects of our service offerings to customers and prospects. This position is designed to drive business opportunities as an extension of the commercial sales organization. This position is available on the East and West Coasts.
The FAS serves a critical Voice-of-Customer role by providing relevant and timely feedback to internal colleagues in Marketing, Sales, DTS as well as R&D. The Field Application Specialist will report directly to the Regional Sales Director team in North America.
- Scientific and technical support for our business development executives – directly shortening our sales cycle and impacting business growth
- Establish relationships and deepen scientific credibility with clients in target market segments (EX: Commercial Pharma, Applied Markets, Academia and Cohorts)
- Represent Metabolon Services by actively participating in customer-directed seminars, technical conferences, and marketing events to promote Metabolon’s visibility in the market
- Drive KOL relationships on behalf of Metabolon and connect the commercial team to key contacts in all market segments
- Serve as a technical liaison to the sales organization with the goal of strengthening technical capabilities of the team, while also driving business opportunities forward
- Participate in on-going sales training and development activities as needed to continue to separate our team as best in class in the marketplace
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date technical expertise on our services offering and industry trends
- Assist in team selling actions directed by the Strategic Account Managers and Business Development Executives
- ~ 60% field travel
- M.S. or PhD degree in a life science discipline required (biochemistry preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a field application position or other customer-facing role is desirable (experience with pharma or clinical research customers)
- A keen interest in technology along with a high level of self-motivation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations Must have a service-minded attitude
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing biological insights on disease state and physiological reactions in the present time through metabolomics. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant evidence to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences. Every day, our work is helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, agriculture, wellness and academic research sectors.
Metabolon was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina with an international headquarters in Germany. For more information, please visit www.metabolon.com.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.