Marketing Communications Manager
JOB CODE 1160
Morrisville, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a diagnostic products, precision medicine and metabolomics & biomarker services company offering the commercial market’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Metabolon’s patented platform provides a global, comprehensive analysis of biological samples for the discovery of biochemical biomarkers providing insight into complex biochemical processes. Due to our rapidly growing business, Metabolon is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to be an integral member of global marketing team.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for a range print, digital and live-event marketing and communications strategies and tactics to help grow awareness of the Metabolon brand, strengthen our reputation and drive lead generation. This role will be responsible for development and implementation of marketing and communications assets including, but not limited to: print, digital, and video tactics in support of internal and external communications.
The Marketing & Communication Manager will be comfortable as a self-starting tactician with strong writing skills and technical acumen in a variety of digital marketing channels, including email marketing, social media marketing and community management, website content development, and digital advertising. The candidate should be skilled in project management, with the ability to tackle multiple projects simultaneously. This position is a combination of creating and holding a longer-term, strategic vision while being able to do much of the implementation work oneself.
Brand & Reputation Management
- With VP of Marketing, proactively identify opportunities to build and protect Metabolon’s reputation and promotes key reputation drivers among key audiences; identify/mitigate emerging issues using an integrated approach that takes into account all aspects of communication.
- Execute innovative PR and social campaigns, including partnerships, sponsorships, endorsements, events, and brand activations.
- Manage relationship with external PR firm; help lead media relations, social and corporate communications activities with an eye towards developing long term, authentic media relationships that deepen Metabolon’s connections with the press and consumers.
- Serve as company brand manager to ensure that all internal and external stakeholders uphold brand standards.
Print & Digital Content Management
- Assist with the planning and implementation of digital and programmatic marketing and communication strategies.
- Serve as content owner for Metabolon.com, ensuring site is visually compelling, user-friendly, technically accurate, and aligned with Global Marketing and Demand Generation objectives.
- Develop and monitor company social media posts and calendar. Collaborate effectively with external social media consultant.
- Manage all aspects of content and graphic development for websites, client-facing PowerPoint presentation and capabilities collateral.
- Maintain consistent style, voice, and tone across multiple channels/platforms.
- Provide writing and editing support to Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and maintain centralized library of approved brand art, print production files, video and photography and client-facing PowerPoint presentations.
Work with design agencies, vendors, employees and partners to deliver high-quality communications assets and ensure brand is used correctly and consistently.
- Marketing, Communications, Journalism Degree (or combination)
- 5+ years Communications experience, Minimum 3 years of related experience in digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; understanding of integrated marketing and communications approach
- Portfolio demonstrating creativity and sound aesthetic judgment in context of marketing projects such as website content, email marketing, and/or social media campaigns
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, write and/or manage content development direction for marketing communications tactics including strong digital experiences including media, search, video, and the web, as well as marketing collateral
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and willingness to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong desire to work collaboratively within a team
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.