Director of Marketing (Demand Generation)
JOB CODE 1159
Morrisville, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a diagnostic products, precision medicine and metabolomics & biomarker services company offering the commercial market’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Metabolon’s patented platform provides a global, comprehensive analysis of biological samples for the discovery of biochemical biomarkers providing insight into complex biochemical processes. Due to our rapidly growing business, Metabolon is seeking a Director of Marketing to be an integral member of global marketing team.
The Director of Marketing (Demand Creation) is responsible for developing and leading campaign planning, execution and measurement processes. He or she will be responsible for the corporate and cross-enterprise campaign hierarchy and for individual campaigns within this hierarchy for all service offerings. This role is also responsible for designing and staging multi-touch demand creation programs that leverage both inbound and outbound programs and tactics. Specific responsibilities include developing and implementing integrated, multi-channel campaigns including live, digital, print and sales force programs and tactics. Allocating budget, selecting targets, determining the resource allocation message development, tactical mix, and setting individual program goals and measurement criteria. Additional responsibilities include managing external agencies and internal resources and building/managing shared demand creation processes with inside sales. Demonstrated ability to leverage the power of web technologies in demand creation is essential. This role works in partnership with multiple disciplines to drive demand, including sales, communications, strategic marketing.
· Work closely with Vice President of Global Marketing on corporate marketing strategy, planning and budgeting.
· Co-lead the department as key senior marketing interface with the broader organization.
· Coordinate with key functions as they fulfill on the programs that comprise a campaign (reputation, demand creation, sales enablement, market intelligence), and the tactics that comprise these programs.
· Develop and execute measurable demand creation programs that drive revenue through direct and indirect sales teams.
· Work with product marketing to establish a common campaign framework for the global marketing community to leverage.
· Act as an ombudsman for questions on campaign priorities, responsibilities, resources and timing.
· Work with Sales Operations to measure campaign performance and with business leaders to course-correct as campaign execution unfolds.
· Work with website resources to ensure that inbound traffic can be converted into known leads through a best-in-class web experience.
· Implement testing methodologies to enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and multivariate testing.
· Define the end-to-end lead management process in conjunction with sales operations and marketing operations, including lead capture, nurturing via portfolio marketing, and service-level agreements (lead definitions, lead acceptance/rejection reasons and disqualification reasons that feed into appropriate nurture streams when applicable).
· Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length.
· Assist in the evaluation, selection and management of outside vendors that contribute to demand creation programs including juggling multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
· Manage and adhere to budget.
· The demand creation director is responsible for planning, organizing and executing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the sales team.
· This position manages 3 global marketing/marketing communications managers and 1 marketing operations manager, with dotted-line oversight of marketing manager for International business. Works in a collaborative team environment and directly with internal clients and stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
· BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
· 10+ years in a B2B professional services marketing in a technical area at the director level or above.
· Organized and detail oriented, analytical
· Superior interpersonal skills
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
· Superior knowledge of marketing principles in B2B professional services industries. Pharmaceutical experience a plus.
· Good knowledge of demand waterfall concepts and frameworks
· Knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies and ability to draw insights and develop corresponding strategies
· Develop collaborative partnership with the sales management team
· Ability to plan, build and execute integrated campaigns.
· Ability to be an expert on the marketing channels, tactical mix and leveraging and optimizing the communication ecosystem.
· Ability to build comprehensive go-to-market plan and partner with analytics team to build measurement plan
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to manage agency partnerships and vendors
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.