Desktop Support Analyst (Growing Biotech Firm, Full Time with Benefits)
JOB CODE 1841
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon is the world leader in big data biochemistry. Our unique metabolomics platform is driving advances in precision medicine, biomarker discovery, diagnostic testing, and genome-based health initiatives. We are looking for an experienced entry- to mid-level Desktop Support Analyst to help support our growing staff.
The candidate will be a member of the infrastructure team, with responsibilities for supporting users, desktop/laptops and laboratory equipment in a regulated environment. We are looking for someone who loves technology (bit of a geek), is customer focused, and a jack of all trades with a broad set of skills and abilities to be part of a team of four that supports 200+ employees (both onsite and remote).
We like candidates who enjoy technology and are active contributors - individuals who are proud of their work. The candidate will be a member of an infrastructure team that is passionate about delivering a support environment that exceeds our customers’ expectations and leaves them with a smile on their face. Furthermore, we look for ways to anticipate future needs of the business to allow employees to work in an efficient, productive manner.
Almost every factor affecting health -- from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle -- exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, Metabolon provides actionable insights to answer some of biology's most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians.
Metabolon is the world's leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research. Our Precision Metabolomics™ is a powerful, patented technology for assessing health and delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and valuable data in genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon's expertise is also accelerating R&D across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
The infrastructure team is growing to support Metabolon’s global expansion efforts. We are looking for an exceptional self-starter who takes pride in utilizing best practices and technical know-how to provide our customers with the best support experience possible. We look for talented desktop support staff who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for the work they deliver.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
· Provide day-to-day desktop support to local and remote users
· Set up new hires desktops; involving everything from procurement to support
· Create end-user documentation and provide computer orientation to new staff
· Conduct troubleshooting, run diagnostic programs and provide resolution of computer problems
· Monitor and take ownership of appropriate customer trouble tickets, analyze and take corrective action
· Advise staff on appropriate action and walk customer through problem-solving process
· Handle adds, moves and changes for desktops/laptops, peripherals and smart devices within the corporate infrastructure
· Document resolutions for future reference
· Monitor technology trends and make recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms
· Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment
· Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
· Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
· Hands-on working knowledge of Windows OS and Office tools, old, new and current versions in an enterprise environment
· Previous experience imaging, configuring, deploying, upgrading and repairing desktop/laptop PC’s (preferably Dell)
· Demonstrated experience configurating and managing smart devices (preferably Apple)
· Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills required
· Ability to interact with VIP users to troubleshoot and quickly find solution to problems
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve hardware and software issues for desktops/laptops, network & telecom devices, mobile devices, printer software and hardware-related problems
· A/V and video conferencing systems for conference rooms and meeting spaces
· Demonstrated experience working in and/or supporting a laboratory environment
· Excellent time management/planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills are required
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner
· One or more of the following:
o Associates’ degree in MIS or similar field and 2+ years of experience
o Certificate programs focusing in desktop support and 2+ years of experience
o 4+ years of increasing responsibility within a desktop support discipline
· Self-motivated and self-directed, works well with minimum supervision
Here's What You Can Expect from Us:
· A culture of transparency, sharing and mentoring
· Ever-changing work on a variety of tasks/environments from onsite user support, remote support and laboratory operations
· A team that will challenge you, support you, collaborate with you and laugh with you
· Work-life balance
· Top-notch health, dental & vision benefits
· Health Reimbursement Account
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request accommodation by calling 919.572.1711 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.