Commercial Technology Manager
JOB CODE 1162
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives.
As part of Metabolon’s growing operations, Metabolon is seeking a Commercial Technology Manager to be an integral member of our commercial team.
Metabolon is looking for a motivated Commercial Technology Manager to ensure we have the best processes in place to scale. We will rely on you to implement applications that will maximize efficiencies and extend the capabilities of our current environment. As our Commercial Technology Manager, you will partner with 3rd party partners and our heads of Marketing, Sales, and Data & Translational Science teams to design, develop and deliver real-time solutions that support Metabolon's business processes.
- Act as the primary support and point of contact for Salesforce integrated tools (LIMS, Marketing Automation, Intacct).
- Be a subject matter expert on the Salesforce platform and applications.
- Drive use of Salesforce.com as a commercial management productivity tool, and champion its use with the sales, marketing, senior leaderships and team members
- Partner with leadership to recommend solutions for business needs based upon ongoing research into new system features and functionality.
- Effectively manage multiple projects including project timelines, resource allocation, communication, risk identification/ management and other issues.
- Research, recommend, install, and integrate internal tools/software into Metabolon's technical environment as needed to improve business workflow efficiency.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards within Salesforce.
- Ensure business system environments are properly updated and maintained.
- Manage ongoing administrative functions such as user maintenance, data cleanup, and process automations.
- Develop and communicate training for users regarding system usage, releases and enhancements.
- Maintain end-user guides, release notes and all support documentation- including tracking bugs, enhancements and features.
- Provide general support to application users.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of systems integration and sales operations experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com Administrator with Salesforce.com Certification(s) preferred
- Strong understanding and interest in technologies used by marketing and sales (e.g., Salesforce.com, Marketo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, )
- Proficient with utilizing Salesforce sandboxes for enhancements and full adherence to change management practices
- Proficient with AppExchange and commonly used Salesforce Apps
- Experience leading projects to bring new systems to scale
- Extremely effective at communicating and working with others
- Eagerness to work with third parties and vendors
- Ability to convert business methodologies into technical requirements
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a largely self-directed capacity
- Team player willing to pitch in as needed
- Results & Process-oriented
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.