Customer Success Project Coordinator
JOB CODE 1165
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives.
As part of Metabolon’s growing operations, Metabolon is seeking a Customer Success Project Coordinator to be an integral member of our commercial team.
Our Customer Success team will ensure the end-to-end relationship and control of all aspects the project lifecycle and growth after the initial sale. Last year the team managed over 10,000 customer touch points mostly by email with 2 people. Though the customer success team was successful in managing the over 900 projects through technology, automation, and process optimization in 2018, we will continue to invest in building out the customer success team for scale by hiring at least one additional resource to ensure that we improve customer experience and are able to manage the projected 1,300 projects in 2019.
Metabolon’s Project Coordinator is an important member of its Customer Success team supporting the Company’s rapidly growing Pharma and Life Sciences business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional customer experience for projects from the time a contract is signed to when the project is delivered and beyond. This will involve close working relationships with clients, field sales, scientific operations, and finance. The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Commercial & Revenue Operations.
Project Monitoring and Prioritization
- Maintain active list of in-process projects including with projected milestones and promised delivery dates
- Communicate with clients upon booking a project to streamline the sample submission process
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and the sales team
- Keep selling organization updated regarding project timelines
Customer Advocacy and Guidance
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure timely shipment of samples
- Clearly communicate customer expectations internally about turnaround times and contracted deliverables
- Communicate directly with clients at an appropriate cadence throughout the life of the project to create a positive client experience
- Facilitate communications between clients and internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date sample forecast, and work with field sales and clients to pull forward projects, where applicable.
- Work cross functionally with scientific operations and customers to efficiently resolve sample issues so that projects can enter the laboratory queue as quickly as possible
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service or sales support role
- Working familiarity with Salesforce.com or other database systems (e.g. LIMS)
- Familiarity with lab operations and manufacturing processes in life sciences preferred
- Must be highly organized, proactive and able to succeed in a fast-moving environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office software suite, specifically Excel
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.