Commercial Data Analyst
JOB CODE 1170
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives.
As part of Metabolon’s growing operations, Metabolon is seeking a Commercial Data Analyst to be an integral member of our commercial team.
Metabolon is looking for an exceptional Commercial Data Analyst who loves turning data into insights. We will rely on you to build out our commercial data stack and streamline our data model to make information more accessible and actionable. You will generate insights that will be used to drive decisions and operational excellence throughout the company.
- Conduct exploratory analysis and modeling to identify opportunities for business improvement - this could range from simple excel calculations to advanced predictive modeling.
- Build relationships with other departments in the organization to better understand needs and develop deeper understanding on expectations and priorities.
- Work with the leadership to bring the tools and data they need, so that every decision they make is backed up with solid data and analysis.
- Continually improve our data infrastructure by developing innovative features that create new analysis and modeling possibilities and by improving our data models and processes.
- Promote a data driven culture as the voice of data within the operational organization.
- Find creative and insightful ways to publish and promote business performance using key metrics.
- Ensure there is strong analytics input into the evaluation and prioritization of new opportunities.
- Help set the goals and define the evaluation methodology for each initiative.
- Provide objective evaluations post implementation.
- BA/BS degree in Business/Business Analytics or in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics. M.B.A. or M.S. degree a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a business analyst preferably in a high growth organization.
- Demonstrated ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with an in-depth understanding of pivot tables and Excel functions.
- Deep knowledge of interactive data visualization products and business intelligence tools.
- Familiarity with data warehouses and relational database systems.
- Experience with SQL and at least one programming language for data manipulation (e.g. Python, R, SAS).
- Experience leading projects bringing innovative solutions to scale.
- Extremely effective at communicating and working with others.
- Ability to convert business rules into technical requirements.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a largely self-directed capacity.
- Team player willing to pitch in as needed.
- Results & process-oriented.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with matching savings plan, and paid time off. To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.