Business Development Executive (Academic/Commercial)
JOB CODE 1801
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon is seeking several experienced sales representative to act as the Business Development Executive. This position is responsible for selling Metabolomic & Lipidomic, products into customers such as academic, non-profit, government instiatutions, pharmaceuticals, or population health. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for driving sales activities within a defined geography to grow the metabolomics services business. The successful individual should be adept at planning, consultative selling, and closing opportunities. This position will have significant impact on the market growth in these sectors.
· Develop new sales opportunities to generate profitable revenue for the company
· Consistently meet or exceed quota
· Develop and manage target key accounts to produce long term, consistent, revenue growth
· Responsible for understanding customer’s current and emerging needs, providing trends and observations to leadership for market evaluation
· Support preparation of market, industry and competitive analyses through voice of customer and voice of sales; support development and execute strategies to penetrate new markets and emerging programs. Review market analyses to determine customer requirements and price to win
· Develop 90 day and annual business plans to capture opportunities in growth markets
· Plan, prepare and execute customer engagements and call planning
· Coordinate with marketing team to recommend and support marketing strategies and to provide guidance/direction in external marketing communications (tradeshows, email, etc.)
· Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days, and develop seminars/workshops to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals, and objectives and understand the competition
· Bachelor degree in life sciences, biochemistry is preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with a Masters or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology or related science. Additionally, preference will be given to those with an MBA.
· Previous experience with a successful track record in sales (>5 years) relating to life science services, platform services or experience in the “omics” space preferred
· Experience in selling into customers such as academic, non-profit, government instiatutions, pharmaceuticals, or population health
· Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and analytical skills
· Extensive customer contact and network database
· Succeed in a fluid and fast paced environment; be comfortable with change; and, execute flawlessly on strategic plans
· Strong work ethic, clear thinker, strong sense of urgency
· Assertive with a positive outlook, energy and performance-oriented attitude
· Team player/builder with excellent interpersonal skills
· 25-50% travel
Metabolon, Inc. is among the fastest growing biotechnology and precision medicine companies in the world, and is the leader in Metabolomics & Lipidomics - an integrative, powerful technology for assessing health. Building on the success of its 5th generation platform since its inception in 2000, Metabolon, Inc. has performed > 4,000 projects and its collaborative work has been published in over 500 publications globally.
Our proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in precision medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives. Our expertise is also accelerating research and product development across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries.
For more information about our technology, products and services, please visit www.metabolon.com.
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request accommodation by calling 919.572.1711 or send an email to email@example.com.