Associate Scientist, Sample Preparation
JOB CODE 1185
Raleigh-DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, Inc., is the global leader in revealing new biological insights through metabolomics, harnessing the power of its Precision Metabolomics™ Platform to provide biological insights of disease state and physiological reactions in the present time. The company offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions from discovery through clinical trials and product life-cycle management. Leveraging one of the world’s most diverse and rich patient data sets, Metabolon is equipped to deliver biologically relevant insights to address some of the most difficult and pressing questions in the life sciences, helping to accelerate research and product development success in the biopharma, population health, consumer products, wellness and academic research sectors.
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a diagnostic products and services company offering the industry’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Due to our rapidly growing services business, Metabolon is seeking an Associate Scientist to work within the Sample Preparation group as an integral member of our Lab Operations team. The scientist in this position will report to the Group Leader of Sample Preparation and will be responsible for all aspects of the sample processing, which includes both manual and automated sample preparation procedures. The successful candidate will have experience in regulated sample preparation procedures and will be expected to continuously improve processes and procedures as required. Knowledge or prior experience processing various biological samples and conducting Bradford, hemolysis and DNA bioassays is a plus. In addition, the candidate shall also have a successful laboratory performance track record.
- Experience in the sample weighing or transfer, extraction, reconstitution, storage of biological samples for instrumental analysis
- Knowledge or prior experience working with various biological samples is a plus
- Experience in setting up and validating sample preparation processes
- Experience working in LIMS systems and other control systems
- A broad overview of chemistry, including chemical structures and nomenclature, and familiarity with general concepts, practices and procedures is expected
- A bachelor’s degree in a life science.
- The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of organic chemistry, biological systems and laboratory operations (pipetting, accurate weighing, sample transfers, and lab automation).
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.