Assistant Scientist, Data Curation
JOB CODE 1158
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a services company offering metabolomics testing using the industry’s leading Precision Metabolomics™ Opens a New Window. platform. Metabolon’s technology and expertise is used to accelerate research Opens a New Window. and product development across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. Metabolon offers scalable, customizable metabolomics solutions across the research continuum from discovery to clinical trials.
Due to our rapidly growing services business, Metabolon is seeking an Assistant Scientist in our Data Curation group. This position will utilize Metabolon’s proprietary software to interpret mass spectrometer data. A suite of tools provided by this software will be used to analyze the various ion features against Metabolon’s expansive database of chemical profiles to determine the presence or absence of several thousand metabolites. This is a 6-month temporary position that does not involve lab work.
Interpret LC-MS data to determine the presence or absence of more than four thousand metabolites
- Identify potential issues in data acquisition from the LC-MS instruments
- Verify and, if necessary, correct integration of chromatographic peaks
- Potential additional responsibilities include: aiding in the creation of new chemical entries to Metabolon’s database, assisting the Data Science team in the development of automated curation systems, and assisting the R&D team in the curation of experimental data
- BS Degree in physical or mathematical science or equivalent STEM degree
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn on the job
- Focused, driven individual
Principals only, no agencies. We are not able to sponsor H1B candidates
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Metabolon, Inc., Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.