Delivering solutions with essential mechanistic insights
Meeting the demands of a rising global population with the planet’s finite resources to support food supply economically and sustainably is an escalating pressure that deepens the need for meaningful insights to develop strategies to meet these challenges.
Metabolomics provides a snapshot of all biochemicals present in a sample by identifying, quantifying, and mapping each metabolite in the system. This provides our clients with unique biological insight into the fundamental nature of any plant trait in relation to both genetics (trait development, biodiversity, gene expression, mutations, genetic engineering, etc.) and the environment (abiotic stress, disease, nutrition, etc.). Researchers are using this deep fundamental insight as a critical tool for engineering solutions to meet the agricultural demands of our growing planet.
Metabolon is a leader in global metabolomics, having performed hundreds of plant and agriculture-related studies. Metabolomic agricultural applications include:
- Biomarkers for traits: yield, heterosis, quality
- Mutant analysis and gene function characterization
- Transgene analysis: Equivalence, Engineered pathway performance
- Abiotic stress response: heat, drought, nitrogen utilization, etc.
- Plant disease
- Biofuels and plant derived chemicals optimization
- Seed and plant development characterization
- Germplasm diversity and fitness
- Plant nutrition
Enlighten your research,
accelerate your discovery.
617 Davis Drive, Suite 100
Morrisville, NC 27560
P.O. Box 110407
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709