Unique Advantages of Incorporating Untargeted and Targeted Metabolomics in Drug Development and Clinical Trials
Biomarkers increase the success rate of drug development. Indeed, biomarker-driven drug development can de-risk multimillion-dollar decisions about the mechanism of action, safety, dosage, timing, patient response, and other factors critical to your molecule’s success. Yet, traditional biomarker discovery tools—genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics — stop short of a definitive representation of the clinical phenotype. The addition of metabolomics provides a functional readout of all upstream biological processes as well as environmental factors (e.g., microbiome), increasing confidence in your decisions and the success rate of drug development.
Watch our on-demand webinar as experts discuss the use and benefits of incorporating untargeted and targeted metabolomics into the drug development process. How will an understanding of related pathways and the underlying physiology help you?
Learn how metabolomics can enable biomarker-driven drug development and clinical trials by providing:
- better understanding of a drug’s mechanism of action (MoA)
- greater confidence in human translational models
- insights into off-target effects and target engagement
- identification of unique therapy responders versus non-responders in clinical trials
- highly customized targeted assays to monitor clinical response