Accounts Receivable Accountant (Biotech, Life Sciences)
Job Code 1110
- Establishing and maintain professional client relationships
- Complete process on all accounts receivable invoices from contract review to routing invoices to customers for payment.
- Active management of outstanding accounts receivable balances including;
- Perform collections activities on aged receivables including contacting customers via phone and email
- Follow up on internal and external accounts receivable inquiries
- Provide proactive communications to revenue generating departments and sales team members to ensure collections prior to work being performed
- Manage unbilled receivable balances to ensure timely invoicing upon achievement of milestones
- Assist other members of the finance team to identify and monitor aged deferred revenue balances
- Process Journal Entry for Foreign Exchange gains/losses on invoices
- Completely monthly AR Aging Analysis & Revenue recognized on AR.
- Preparation of employee quarterly sales commissions
- Maintain documentation of Accounts Receivable procedures. Performance of internal controls
- Other clerical duties as needed
- Associates or BS Degree in Accounting is preferred
- 4+ years accounts receivable experience.
- Robust understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Excellent soft skills – this position requires significant interaction with customers, sales team members and other internal customers
- Previous experience in accounts receivable is Required
- Experience with SOX internal control environment is preferred
- Strong work ethic, clear thinker, strong sense of urgency
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment
- Experience using Great Plains Dynamics and Salesforce is preferred
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Effective Time Management skills and independently driven
Principals only, no agency resumes will be accepted.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.