Study Director - China (Metabolomics, Proprietary Health Technology)
Job Code 1761
Durham, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives. As part of Metabolon’s increasing international operations, Metabolon is seeking a Study Director to be an integral member of our Project Management team. The successful candidate will have a strong publication record and excellent communication skills to execute all phases of a scientific research study. The candidate will work closely with our commercialization partner in China to provide technical and study support efforts to Metabolon’s commercial effort with its China partner.
The Study Director is responsible for (a) providing Dian field sales with technical/scientific commercial support and (b) coordinating and analyzing study data for research projects within academic pharmaceutical, biotechnology and government agencies. Specifically, this involves study design, result interpretation and reporting. The successful candidate will be expected to:
Provide technical/scientific commercial support (50%)
- Travel up to 30% of the time to client sites, conferences and workshops in China
- Serve as a technical liaison during the sales process
- Communicate and manage client expectations
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Marketing to support content needs and technical projects
- Provide commercial projections and customer needs to Metabolon commercial groups
- Coordinate meetings and establish affective communication channels between Dian and Metabolon
Serve as a scientific study director (50%)
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients from initial study design, to reporting of preliminary results and delivery of the final report.
- Analyze large complex data sets to elucidate a finite set of logical conclusions.
- Incorporate data into biological context and a broader understanding.
- Prepare and deliver data presentations and written final reports for clients.
- Prioritize projects and ensure consistency of projects with expected timelines and deliverables.
- Effectively publish research studies and make external presentations at key customer meetings.
- Ph.D. in the life or physical sciences (biology or biochemistry preferred).
- 3-5 years postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in working with commercial teams in a customer facing environment
- A strong publication record is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and able to travel frequently to China.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.