Research Scientist, Mass Spectrometrist (LC-MS Lipid Analysis, Health Technology)
Job Code 1756
Durham, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is a diagnostic products and services company offering the industry’s leading biochemical profiling platform. Due to our rapidly growing services business, Metabolon is seeking a Mass Spectrometrist to be an integral member of our platform team. The team member in this position will report to the Platform Manager and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the mass spectrometry platform on a five day per week work schedule with the possibility of a required weekend commitment. The successful candidate will have experience in LC-MS and lipid analyses.
- Daily operation of the instruments, including routine maintenance and system performance checks.
- Preparation of solutions and standards as needed for operations of instruments.
- Diagnosing instrument problems and performing unscheduled maintenance or scheduling external repair service, as needed.
- Analyze biological samples by performing flow injection mass spectrometry techniques following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review data to insure data quality standards are met.
- Providing daily reports for documentation of the QC performance for each data set.
- Providing input for improving and refining the quality control and assurance processes.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Have a solid understanding of basic laboratory skills and protocols.
- BS Degree in physical science with 2-4 years of relevant post-degree experience.
- Experience with Sciex 5500 and Shimatzu HPLC instruments are preferred.
- Broad overview of mass spectrometry and familiarity with general concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Strict adherence to a rigorous platform schedule is essential.
- A knowledge of lipid sample prep and analysis techniques would be useful but is not required.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.