Junior Software Engineer(Enterprise SaaS, Proprietary Health Technology)
Jobe Code 1766
Durham, NC, USA
Junior Software Engineer
Metabolon and the Metabolomics business - Almost every factor affects health – from genetics and the microbiome to disease and lifestyle – exerts its influence by altering metabolite levels. By producing the most accurate, comprehensive picture of the metabolome, we provide actionable insights to answer some of biology’s most difficult questions for researchers and clinicians.
Metabolon is the world’s leading health technology company advancing metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences research. Our Precision Metabolomics™ is a powerful, patented technology for assessing health and delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and valuable data in genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon’s expertise is also accelerating research and product development across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
As a world leader in big data biochemistry our software team develops cutting edge laboratory and data analysis pipelines, all with the goal of helping decode how metabolism and life work.
The software development team has doubled in size in the last year to support global expansion efforts. We are looking for exceptional self-starters who take pride in utilizing best practices to build scalable, maintainable software to provide our customers with the best user experience. We look for talented software engineers who believe in our mission, find meaning to the work that we do, and hold themselves accountable for deadlines, and high quality deliverables.
What we expect from you?
- You thrive on applying industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain scalable client facing software working in a professional software engineering environment
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders which may include customers.
- You are adaptable to change and see complex problems and process improvements as the opportunity to do something innovative
- You like to experiment with new technologies because you get excited on the possibilities of change that it can brings, and can’t wait to share with others to get their feedback.
- You are dependable and pride yourself on managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- You are driven by team deliverables and by nature enjoys collaboration on issues ranging from scalability, design, release framework, and process to deliver high quality results.
What you can expect from us?
- A culture of transparency, sharing, and mentoring
- Full stack development - work on a wide variety of data driven projects from laboratory operations, user interface, database, machine learning, big data analysis, and system architecture.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 1+ years industry experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience designing APIs and system architecture
- Experience developing for high availability and scalability
- Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET
- Master’s, PhD degree or further education or experience in science and/or big data
- Experience in building commercially robust software.
- Experience in SOA architecture.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.