Application Support Engineer (Health Technology Firm)
JOB CODE 1773
DURHAM, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading health technology company focused on metabolomics for precision medicine and all areas of life sciences reseasch. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, and robust data for genomics and population health initiatives. Metabolon's expertise is also accelerating R&D across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer products, agriculture and nutrition industries, as well as academic and government organizations.
We are seeking an Application Support Engineer to join our product support team. You will work closely with internal and external customers, software development engineers, architects, and IT operations to ensure timely and efficient disposition of production and operational issues.
This role provides critical functional support for various in-house developed applications. The Application Support Engineer performs a variety of complicated tasks including triage of production issues, creation of ad-hoc queries to pinpoint application issues, provision of work-arounds as-needed and reproduction of incidents in a lower environment.
· Liaise with end-users to address technical and operational issues
· Write and run ad hoc PL/SQL queries for diagnostic purposes.
· Analyze, diagnose and mitigate issues either by applying a resolution or escalating to relevant team members when this is no longer within your realm of expertise.
· Develop and maintain application support knowledgebase and FAQ that documents solutions and work-arounds for known issues.
· Manage client expectations and balance workload for competing priorities.
· Participate in product release testing as necessary.
· At least 2 years of SQL (Oracle PL/SQL preferred) programming experience
· Working knowledge of:
o Web services (Rest, SOAP, XML, JSON)
o Linux/Unix scripting
o Agile Development methodologies
· BS degree in computer science, math, or related discipline
· 3+ years of relevant experience
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.
Metabolon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.