Academic Study Director (Metabolomics)
Job Code 1706
Durham, NC, USA
Metabolon, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, is the world's leading life sciences company focused on metabolomics - an integrative, powerful phenotyping technology for assessing health. Its proprietary platforms and informatics are delivering biomarker discoveries, innovative diagnostic tests, breakthroughs in personalized medicine, and robust partnerships in genomics-based health initiatives. As part of Metabolon’s increasing commercial operations, Metabolon is seeking a Study Director to be an integral member of our Project Management team. The successful candidate will have a strong publication record and excellent communication skills to execute all phases of a scientific research study.
The Study Director is responsible for coordinating and analyzing study data for research projects within academic and government agencies. Specifically, this involves study design, result interpretation and reporting. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients from initial study design, to reporting of preliminary results and delivery of the final report.
- Incorporate data into biological context and a broader understanding.
- Prepare and deliver data presentations and written final reports for clients.
- Prioritize projects and ensure consistency of projects with expected timelines and deliverables.
- Communicate and manage client expectations.
- Collaborate with commercial investigators to grow our existing base of customers and future studies.
- Effectively publish research studies and make external presentations.
- Ph.D. in the life or physical sciences (biology or biochemistry preferred).
- 1 to 3 years postdoctoral experience.
- A strong publication record is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Metabolon offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, disability and life insurance coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below or send cover letter and resume via mail to Attention: Talent Acquisition, P.O. Box 110407, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Cover letters should reference the job title above. No phone calls please.