In respiratory biology, metabolomics is currently being applied to basic research, the discovery of biomarkers for patient stratification and treatment efficacy, and target discovery and validation.
- Lustgarten, M S, et al., Identification of Serum Analytes and Metabolites Associated with Aerobic Capacity. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2012. 113(1311-1320.
- Li, C, et al., Estradiol and Mtorc2 Cooperate to Enhance Prostaglandin Biosynthesis and Tumorigenesis in Tsc2-Deficient Lam Cells. The Journal of Experimental Medicine, 2014. 211(1): 15-28.
- Singh, A, et al., Gene-Metabolite Expression in Blood Can Discriminate Allergen-Induced Isolated Early from Dual Asthmatic Responses. PLoS ONE, 2013. 8(7): e67907.
- Fessel, J P, et al., Metabolomic Analysis of Bone Morphogenetic Protein Receptor Type 2 Mutations in Human Pulmonary Endothelium Reveals Widespread Metabolic Reprogramming. Pulmonary Circulation, 2012. 2(2): 201-213.
- Comhair, S A, et al. Metabolomic Endotype of Asthma. J Immunol, 2015. 195 (2):643-50.
- Laguna, T A, et al. Metabolomics Analysis Identifies Novel Plasma Biomarkers of Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Exacerbation. Pediatr Pulmonol, 2015.
- Publication Index by Research Area
- Sun, Y, et al. Estradiol promotes pentose phosphate pathway addiction and cell survival via reactivation of Akt in mTORC1 hyperactive cells. Cell Death Dis, 2014. 5(e1231).
- Joseloff, E, et al., Serum Metabolomics Indicate Altered Cellular Energy Metabolism in Children with Cystic Fibrosis. Pediatric Pulmonology, 2013.