The investigation of metabolism to derive new insights, targets for disease treatment and biomarkers for patient stratification and treatment efficacy is particularly valuable in urological/renal investigations since the kidney being a major metabolic organ.
- Kalish, B T, et al., A Metabolomic Analysis of Two Intravenous Lipid Emulsions in a Murine Model. PLoS ONE, 2013. 8(4): e59653.
- Smilowitz, J T, et al., Nutritional Lipidomics: Molecular Metabolism, Analystics, and Diagnostics. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2013.
- Wei, Q, et al. Changes in Metabolic Profiles During Acute Kidney Injury and Recovery Following Ischemia/Reperfusion. PLoS ONE, 2014. 9 (9):e106647.
- Xiao, Q, et al. Sources of variability in metabolite measurements from urinary samples. PLoS ONE, 2014. 9(5):e95749.
- Boudonck, K J, et al., Metabolomics for Early Detection of Drug-Induced Kidney Injury: Review of the Current Status. Bioanalysis, 2009. 1(9): 1645-63.
- Wang, G, and Korfmacher, W A, Development of a Biomarker Assay for 3-Indoxyl Sulfate in Mouse Plasma and Brain by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom, 2009. 23(13): 2061-9.
- Baker, A C, et al., Pretransplant Free Fatty Acids (Ffa) and Allograft Survival in Renal Transplantation. J Surg Res, 2010. 164(2): 182-7.
- Zhou R. Ornithine is a Key Mediator in Hyperphosphatemia-mediated Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cell Apoptosis: Insights Gained from Metabolomics. Life Sciences (2016).
- Hakimi, A A, et al. An Integrated Metabolic Atlas of Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Cell, 2016. 29 (1):104-16.
- Solini, A, et al. Prediction of Declining Renal Function and Albuminuria in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes by Metabolomics. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2015.jc20153345.
- Hall J A. Nutritional interventions that slow the age-associated decline in renal function in a canine geriatric model for elderly humans. The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging (2015).
- Publication Index by Research Area
- Barrios, C, et al. Gut-Microbiota-Metabolite Axis in Early Renal Function Decline. PLoS ONE, 2015. 10 (8):e0134311.
- Tanaka, H, et al. An Enlarged Profile of Uremic Solutes. PLoS ONE, 2015. 10 (8):e0135657.
- Tsalik, E L, et al. Renal Systems Biology of Patients with Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. Kidney Int, 2015.
- Hall, J. Comparison of Serum Concentrations of Symmetric Dimethylarginine and Creatinine as Kidney Function Biomarkers in Healthy Geriatric Cats Fed Reduced Protein Foods Enriched with Fish Oil, L-Carnitine, and Medium-Chain Triglycerides. The Veterinary Journal, 2014.
- Cerqueira, D M, et al. Sterol Carrier Protein 2 Regulates Proximal Tubule Size in the Xenopus Pronephric Kidney by Modulating Lipid Rafts. Dev Biol, 2014. 394 (1):54-64.