Quantose™ IR is a simple, fasted blood test used to measure your level of insulin sensitivity - your body’s ability to use insulin efficiently to bring glucose into your cells.
What is Insulin Resistance?
- Occurs when the body produces insulin but does not use it effectively
- One of the earliest signs of prediabetes, diabetes, and/or cardiovascular disease, and a potential predictor of disease progression
Who is at risk for Insulin Resistance?
Individuals who are at risk for Insulin Resistance are…
- Overweight or obese
- Have risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Have cardiovascular disease such as hypertension
- Have a family history of Insulin Resistance
- Certain ethnicities – African American, Latino, Native Americans, Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders
- Aging increases risk of Insulin Resistance
How does the Quantose™ IR test help my physician?
- Helps your physician to make decisions regarding intervention options to help delay or prevent development of Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- May help your physician to assess your response to life style and/or therapeutic interventions
How can I get a Quantose™ IR test?
If your healthcare provider does not already order the test, ask them to phone Metabolon at 1-844-IR-FIRST (1-844-473-4778) or email at QuantoseIR@metabolon.com.